Monday 17 November 2008

Trotter, Shakespeare and Zen

Not Prince Hamlet

If you thought that tag team wrestling was crude boorish theatre, think again.

William Shakespeare and Zen Tiger have teamed up to tag wrestle Chris Trotter (Click link to read and enjoy in full). By rights, this should be the end of Trotter's career. How many slam dunks, choke holds, and sleepers can a self-respecting left wing apologist endure.

But like Prufrock, he will doubtless stumble on, muttering "I grow old. I grow old. I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."

Ah, yes, Chris. We find your scroll thus written:
No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be;
Am an attendant lord, one that will do
To swell a progress, start a scene or two,
Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,
Deferential, glad to be of use,
Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
At times, indeed, almost ridiculous—
Almost, at times, the Fool.

2 comments:

ZenTiger said...

Thanks for the link!

ZenTiger said...

I think Hamlet would have to be my favourite Shakespeare, although their are so many pieces from various plays that stand out.