Tuesday 7 May 2019

Further Ramifications From Rugby Australia's Prejudice

'Might as well sack me'

Taniela Tupou defends teammate over religious post

NZ Herald

Rugby Australia is facing a potential Polynesian player mutiny.   Taniela Tupou has claimed all Pacific Islanders "might as well just be sacked" because of their religious beliefs after Wallabies centre Samu Kerevi felt he needed to apologise for 'offending' fans after saying 'I love Jesus' in an Instagram post on Easter.

In an explosive development days from Israel Folau's attempt to save his multi-million-dollar career at a Rugby Australia code of conduct hearing, Tupou took to Facebook in a now deleted post.  The man once known as the Tongan Thor when he played in New Zealand, says he will never apologise for his faith.

"Seriously," his post began.  "Might as well sack me and all the other Pacific Islands rugby players around the world because we have the same Christian beliefs.  "I will never apologise for my faith and what I believe in, religion had [sic] got nothing to do with rugby anyways #TYJ ".




No comments: